£60 (print and electronic JHI)*
£50 (electronic JHI only)
Full membership is open to:
Medically qualified microbiologists and infectious disease physicians; or
Microbiologists, with qualifications of PhD or FRCPath, working in the field of hospital and other healthcare-associated infection; or
Other graduates (for example, infection prevention and control practitioners, antimicrobial pharmacists or clinical scientists) who have demonstrated a consistent and continuing interest in hospital and other healthcare-associated infection, by relevant publication, or by other means.
Others working in the field of hospital and other healthcare-associated infection who have a significant level of experience (at least 5 years working in a senior IPC role).
All membership applications will be at the discretion of Council.
*Overseas members - £70 (print and electronic JHI)
Membership is for 1 year and includes:
- Subscription to the Journal of Hospital Infection (JHI)*
- Discounted registration rates for conferences, training events and courses
- Opportunity to apply for generous grants, awards and fellowships
- Regular member email updates regarding HIS activities and initiatives (to help members to stay up to date and continue their professional development)
- Full access to the JHI complete archive (when logged in)
- 10% discount on JHI Open Access publication charges (when corresponding author is a member)
- Access to members’ only resources, including past conference presentations and member only consultations
- Opportunities to influence national guidance and policy
- Opportunities to be involved in HIS Working Parties
- Full voting rights and eligibility to stand for Council
You can join at any time of the year.
Membership fee refunds for any part of a fiscal year are not allowed under this policy unless a duplicate payment has been made. In such a case, the claimant must provide proof of the double payment. In this circumstance a full refund will be made.