£60 (print and electronic JHI)*
£50 (electronic JHI only)
In accordance with HMRC guidance, you can claim tax relief on the membership fees you pay to Healthcare Infection Society if your membership relates to your job.
Associate membership is open to:
Anyone working in the field of hospital and other healthcare-associated infections who does not fulfil the criteria for Full or Trainee membership, who demonstrates commitment to infection, prevention and control, and who has an interest in/working in the field of hospital and other healthcare-associated infection.
Following 5 years of continuous membership as an Associate member, and having demonstrated significant and ongoing experience in infection prevention and control, Associate members may transfer to Full membership.
All membership applications will be at the discretion of Council.
*Overseas members - £70 (print and electronic JHI)
Membership is for 1 year and includes the following:
- Subscription to the Journal of Hospital Infection (JHI)*
- Discounted registration rates for conferences, training events and courses
- Opportunity to apply for generous grants, awards and fellowships
- Regular member email updates regarding HIS activities and initiatives (to help members to stay up to date and continue their professional development)
- Full access to the JHI complete archive (when logged in)
- 10% discount on JHI Open Access publication charges (when corresponding author is a member)
- 20% discount on gold Open Access publication fees for Infection Prevention in Practice (when corresponding author is a member)
- Access to members’ only resources, including past conference presentations and member only consultations
- Opportunities to influence national guidance and policy
- Opportunities to be involved in HIS Working Parties
You can join at any time of the year.
Membership fee refunds for any part of a fiscal year are not allowed under this policy unless a duplicate payment has been made. In such a case, the claimant must provide proof of the double payment. In this circumstance a full refund will be made.