The Microbiology Society are hosting the Federation of Infection Societies 2019 Annual Conference (FIS 2019) in Edinburgh between the 11 and 14 November 2019.
The Healthcare Infection Society's Lowbury Social Event, Lowbury Lecture and Annual General Meeting, will take place during FIS 2019.
There is no charge for these events, and all HIS Members are welcome to attend irrespective of FIS 2019 conference attendance. Please note that attendance at HIS events does not entitle delegates to attend the FIS 2019 programme.
For more information and to register for the full FIS 2019 conference, please visit the FIS 2019 website.
HIS Events at FIS 2019 - Please register to attend each event as appropriate
Lowbury Social Event
- Venue: Ghille Dhu, 2 Rutland Place, Edinburgh, EH1 2AD
- Time: Monday 11 November 19:30 – 22:30
Free to attend for HIS members, pre-registration required. Hot buffet and drinks included.
- Venue: Pentland Level 3, Edinburgh International Conference Centre
- Time: Tuesday 12 November 09:05 - 09:50
Professor Dr Petra Gastmeier (Director Institute of Hygiene and Environmental Medicine, Berlin) will deliver the 2019 Lowbury Lecture entitled ‘From one size fits all to personalized infection prevention’.
Healthcare Infection Society AGM (HIS members only)
- Venue: Sidlaw Level 3, Edinburgh International Conference Centre
- Time: Tuesday 12 November 13:00 - 13:30