This introductory-level course is aimed at those seeking a grounding in health economic evaluation. The course is tailored for an infection prevention and control audience, although the principles and concepts presented will be applicable in wider contexts.
The course will be delivered online via Zoom by members of the HIS team with experience in economic evaluation, including in the context of guideline development. Participant numbers will be capped to ensure an interactive and audience-led format. Question and answer sessions will accompany the presentations while the inclusion of practical sessions will consolidate learning during the day. Attendees are expected to actively participate and will be required to turn their camera on and unmute during the course.
Participants who have completed this course should be able to:
- describe principles and concepts involved in economic evaluation
- perform straightforward calculations related to economic evaluation
- recognize frequently used approaches to economic modelling and when to apply them
- interpret results of published economic evaluations
- understand the role of economic evaluation in guideline development.
This course has been approved by the Royal College of Pathologists for 5 CPD points. A certificate of attendance will be provided after the event.