This course is fully booked. If you would like to be added to the waiting list please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This introductory-level course is aimed at those seeking a grounding in guideline development processes and methods applicable in UK healthcare settings. The course will illustrate and explain the NICE-accredited guideline development process used by HIS, including the principles underpinning guideline development and the various stages of the guideline development process.
The course will be delivered online via Zoom, by members of the HIS team with experience in developing guidelines in and beyond the field of infection prevention and control. Participant numbers will be capped to ensure an interactive and audience-led format, with practical sessions and discussion time interspersed throughout the day.
Participants who have completed this course should be able to:
- Recognise the key stages of guideline development
- Describe the steps involved in undertaking a systematic review of evidence
- Participate in reviewing, synthesising and interpreting evidence as part of guideline development
- Understand how evidence is used in developing guideline recommendations
- Identify learning and development goals to expand knowledge and skills in the above areas
A certificate of attendance will be provided after the event.