In order to join the DIPC development day you must register in advance.
You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with joining instructions 1 week before the meeting. This email will be sent again one hour before the meeting starts. If you have not received an email with joining instructions please check your junk folder and then email email@example.com
Attendees are expected to actively participate in the workshop session and turn their video on.
If possible, attend the course from somewhere with a stable, high-speed internet connection. This will determine the quality of your connection. If you are in a shared space, use headphones to listen in. If you are using a laptop, ensure the charger is plugged in or close by. Consider turning notifications and/or your phone off to avoid losing focus every time a text message or notification pops up.
- Open your registration confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org and select 'click here to join'
- Zoom will open a web page. Follow the instructions that appear on your screen. If this is the first Zoom session you have joined, your browser will ask you to install some software. Allow the software to be installed and once this happens, the webinar should start.
- If you prefer not to download Zoom, the webpage will give you the option to 'join from your browser'.
- If you are early you will be asked to wait until the host is ready to start.
Please submit your questions via the Zoom chat function. The Chair will ask the speakers as many questions as time allows.
To access the chat function click Chat in your meeting controls or Alt+H. The chat window will then appear. Type your question and press the Enter key to send.
Please refrain from using the chat function unless you are asking a question.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with Zoom, please use the chat function and outline your problem to the attendee HIS Zoom. If you are experiencing difficulties logging on to Zoom, please email email@example.com. A member of the team will be monitoring this email throughout the day and we will do our best to help you.
If your internet connection is unstable, you may drop in and out of the course. Please re-join as soon as you are able. Some things you can do to improve your internet connection while using Zoom include:
- Turning your video off
- Close any other applications on your PC that are using the internet (e.g. email)]
- On your device and other devices which share your internet connection, avoid downloading, uploading, or streaming
During the workshop you will be split into smaller groups. You will be required to turn your camera on and unmute. Zoom will automatically transfer you in and out of the breakout groups.
During the presentations and Q&A sessions participants may wish to turn video off. To hide participants who have their video off and free up space on the screen you can hide non-video participants (we strongly recommend doing this).
When you are in Gallery view you can click the 3 dots at the top-right corner of any participants box that has their video off.
Click Hide non-video participants to hide all participants with video off.