The three day programme will include space for over 350 scientific posters and over 30 free paper oral presentations across a wide-range of topics. The programme will also include plenary lectures and over 20 sessions featuring presentations from some of the world’s leading experts in the field.
The provisional list of session topics is listed below. The programme will be updated regularly.
Topics covered at FIS/HIS International 2020 will include:
- Sustainability in infection prevention and control
- Recent advances in prosthetic joint infection
- Optimising the use of existing antibiotics
- Behaviour change: From theory into practice
- Foodborne infection and One Health
- Updates in anaerobic infections
- Decontamination in healthcare
- Trainee session: Bespoke infection training - how and why?
- Worldwide infection prevention and control: challenges and opportunities
- Rising to the challenge of antifungal resistance
- Trainee session: Developing clinical research priorities and protocols
- Topical issues in travel medicine
- The hospital environment - is it safe enough to prevent healthcare-associated infection?
- Looking to the future – doing IPC differently
- The year in IPC
- The year in clinical infection
- How will we deal with antibiotic Armageddon?
- Clinical/Infection Prevention Control Grand Round – Role of pathogen genomics in management of Health Care Associated Bacterial Infections
- Construction to demolition: updates in healthcare water management
- Biotechnologies in infection: What is on the horizon?
- Microbiome and antimicrobial resistance
- High Consequence Infectious Disease update
- CPE and the environment - experience, consequences and management options
- Applying new technology to old IPC problems
Professor Evelina Tacconelli, University of Verona, Italy and Tübingen University, Germany will deliver the 2020 Lowbury Lecture entitled ‘Linking infection control to clinical management of infection to overcome antimicrobial resistance’ during FIS/HIS International 2020