BSAC Residential Workshops for EUCAST Susceptibility Testing 2019
University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff
The BSAC will be holding a three day practical workshop at the University Hospital of Wales in Cardiff aimed at those wishing to gain practical experience of the EUCAST methodology.
After this course you will:
• Have knowledge of EUCAST standardised disc testing methods
• Have an overview of other susceptibility testing methods
• Have an understanding of how to test difficult organisms
• Be able to solve susceptibility testing problems
• Be able to improve local susceptibility reporting
• Be able to detect common antimicrobial resistance mechanisms
• Have an overview on new technology in microbiology
• Be updated on new EUCAST guidelines
Every effort will be made to address the concerns of individual laboratories and ample time will be made for discussion.
The course is RCPath CPD accredited.
The course is majority funded by the Society.
The registration fee is £750.00 (plus VAT) per delegate. This fee includes two nights’ accommodation with breakfast, course lunches, welcome dinner on first evening, tuition fees, university laboratory fees and transfers from Cardiff city centre to the University Hospital of Wales campus at specified times as indicated on the course programme.
For information regarding the Standardized Susceptibility Testing Method please contact:-
T: +44 (0)29 2074 6581